June 17, 2011

Searching For Alternatives

My scalp itches like crazy often and needs frequent moisture or lubrication. What I have found is that there are many naturals who are oh so adamantly anti grease and, while I am not, I am open to trying alternatives to see how my head responds to them. Typically, I will use Sulfur 8 regular or light formula on my scalp or the Parvaneu tee tree oil grease formula.  All three of those products would be used 2-3 times a week (not together) to keep my scalp from driving me to digging in it with my nails.

Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil Skin & Scalp Treatment 59.2mlYesterday, I started using tee tree oil on my scalp. Just the oil. Not a petroleum/petrolatum based product, just oil.  I can already tell that using it will be a daily regimen because I had to use it today as well and I am still having some itching issues. From what I have heard the benefits of tee tree oil are, it may help resolve some of my scalp issues for good. But nothing is instantaneous, so I am willing to dedicate a month to this product and see how my scalp responds to it.

I recently bought the Head & Shoulders Itchy Scalp Care  shampoo & conditioner. Like I said, I'm open to alternatives.  While this is not a product that was recommended to me by any other naturals, I have had great success with using H&S while I was processed and, if it doesn't work for me, I can always give it to my brother because that's all he uses to wash his hair, so that won't be so bad.

Like I said, my search for alternatives will continue. It takes me forever to go through grease & I can honestly say that I haven't purchased any grease in over 3 years, so if either the tee tree oil or the Head & Shoulders work, or even if they don't, I haven't hurt anything by trying.  Honestly, I would dare say that if people were washing their hair as often as they should & co-washing or clarifying on a regular basis (which I have yet to do) the issue that many naturals have regarding greases wouldn't be an issue at all.  Maybe I'm wrong, but grease hasn't done me a bit of wrong in all its years of being used on my head.

No comments: