June 30, 2011

Summer Protection

I am really...really....really ready to braid, cornrow or twist up this hair of mine for a couple of months. With it being so hot and me being the hot-natured person I am (I can sweat walking in snow with just a sweater on), its really hard for me to keep a hold on these two textures of my hair. I'm not ready to chop yet, but its just not appealing for me to start the day with pretty curls or twists and end it with straight ends, a curly middle and tightly corkscrewed roots. I mean, I can pull off a different look or two but that just doesn't look appealing on anyone.

So I think its time for me to put up my hair for the summer. I just don't know what to do with it. I'm a little against doing the cornrows because my hairline is back (LOL) and I don't want to send it away again, but I haven't decided yet what I will do. Hopefully by payday I'll have a plan in mind and a way to execute it.

It would be great if I could do my own braids. That would totally solve the problem.

No comments: