April 24, 2012

Scissorphobe

Guess what! I have this huge issue with scissors (thought it was going to be something interesting, right? LOL).  I absolutely hate getting my hair trimmed or cut. I hate it! The only person I don't get nervous about trimming my hair is my mom, and that's because she knows my issue. LOL.  But a few weeks ago, in a Kurl Talk session, I came to the realization that I needed to get my hair trimmed.

Now, let me be real, I have heard time and time again on the YT that you should get your hair trimmed about very 3-4 months to make sure your hair and ends remain in good health (if you don't understand what that means, please search it on YouTube) but when you're watching it on the internet, its removed from you.  You can hear it, but not hear it.  There is something to be said about hearing it face to face from someone that makes it real and helps you come to terms w/what you need to do.

I haven't had a scissor in the mane of mine since my BC on Sept 16, 2011.  Do the math...I needed to get my ends clipped. I could have had split ends halfway up my strands by now (I didn't thanks to caring for my hair properly) and so I bit the bullet and made an appointment w/Karen Wilson to get my ends trimmed.  I must admit that for about a week before my appointment I was having nightmares about going into the shop with all this hair on my head and coming out w/a TWA. I mean, in my dreams my hair would be near bra-strap length and I'd walk out with it barely touching my ears (I tell you I have had some bad scissor happy heffa experiences).  Thankfully, of course, the appointment was nothing like that. I walked in with a head full of hair, and walked out missing only 1/4".  And it was a good experience and I loved having someone else wash my hair!

Now I have 3-4 months to mentally prepare for the next one....

TTFN

No comments: