January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

I can't believe its here already! Seriously! The last year absolutely flew by. I feel like it should be May or June. Not January in a brand spankin' new year! Even the weather is confused. I'm on a Christmas vacay and haven't worn a coat yet. Just a wrap sweater. I even bought this absolutely beautiful cape my mom got me for Christmas and its been to warm to wear it. I just took the dog out for her little walk and didn't even have to put on a coat....are we SURE its January?

Many people spend the last days of the year thinking about new year's resolutions and how they are going to do things differently "the next year." Whether it be losing weight (which I could stand to do), letting go of some poor/draining relationships (which I could stand to do), eating better (which I could stand to do), and many other things. I, personally have never really gotten pulled into that sort of thing. I don't get that contemplative about my life and my goals until my birthday rolls around. Then I start to think about how I spent my energies at one age and how I could stand to improve and/or become more enlightened in the next. So, I have no new year's resolutions. Do you have any?

I will say this, for the past 2 years I have tried to meet the goal of reading 36 books in 365 days. I didn't reach my goal in 2010, and I didn't reach it in 2011 either. I will post the book list on one of my blogs when I get back home. I don't know which one yet. Considering that I don't post here as much as I would like to, I'm thinking I may do away with my other blog and just post everything (hair, music, reading and arts) here and be done with it. That way I'd have something going on here close to the frequency I desire, which is about once a week. But, back to the book goal, as much as I love to read, I don't know why I have had such a hard time completing the goal, not once, but two years in a row! It certainly can't be because of lack of time because I cut back a lot on my activities to create more time for relaxing and less time for stressing out. But that number 36 is proving to be quite elusive. I gotta get it! I just have to!

Anyway, that's all for now. Happy new year folks and thank so much for reading. TTYL!!!!!

No comments: