January 18, 2012

Where am I now?

Let's see, its been 18 months since my last relaxer and 4 months since my big chop. My hair is sooooo long! I haven't done anything to straighten it yet, but with it not being straightened, when I pull it down gently, it is a long, if not longer than it was before my hair initially started breaking in 2008. This is so exciting for me. To have this type of response from my hair in light of me simply going natural is amazing. Had I known this was going to happen and it would be this great I would have done this YEARS ago! Like, 10 years ago. This is wonderful.

At some point I am going to do a video *shiver* to show some of the processes that I go through in caring for and styling my hair...I think. I am quite opposed to the video idea for myself because I don't really care for the sound of my own voice. While others say they love it, there is nothing that irks me more than talking to myself. You know how people say "oh she/he just like to hear herself/himself talk"? Well, that's not me. I do most of my cell phone conversations when I'm in private via speaker phone so I don't have to hear my own voice coming back at me....its just too much! But, I must acknowledge how much the videos of other naturalists like kimmaytube, dprincess28, prettydimples001 & Nikkimae, to name a few, have empowered and strengthened me to not only begin, but continue on my natural journey when there were times that I was ready to be done with it and terrified to start it. And as many holdups has I have in reference to videoing myself, I would hate to miss the chance to be that kind of a blessing to someone else. I mean, the blog is great, but let's be real, I learn best, not by reading, but by seeing things executed and following suit. So why deny someone else what benefited and still benefits me, when I know the positive force it was for me....I'm rationalizing here folks! LOL.

Anyway, that's where I am in hair and thoughts about hair. I hope you all are doing great. I hope this new year is starting well for you and will continue to be good. ENJOY THE YEAR PEOPLE! 2011 flew by so fast its kind of scary. Don't miss out on 2012. Its part of your life.

That's all for now! TTFN!!!

No comments: